What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored in your browser when you visit almost any web page. Its usefulness is that the web is able to remember your visit when you return to browse that page. cookies usually store information of a technical nature, personal preferences, personalization of content, usage statistics, links to social networks, access to user accounts, etc. The objective of the cookie is to adapt the content of the web to your profile and needs, without cookies the services offered by any page would be significantly reduced.
What kind of cookies are there?
- Cookies techniques: These are the most basic and allow, among other things, to know when a human or an automated application is browsing, when an anonymous user and a registered user navigate, basic tasks for the operation of any dynamic web.
- Cookies of analysis: They collect information about the type of navigation you are doing, the sections you use most, products consulted, time zone of use, language, etc.
- Advertising cookies: Show advertising based on your browsing, country of origin, language, etc.
What are own and third party cookies?
The own cookies are those generated by the page you are visiting and the third-parties are generated by external services or providers such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc.
Cookies used on this website
This website uses the following own cookies :
- Session cookies, to ensure that users who write comments on the blog are human and not automated applications. In this way the spam is fought.
This website uses the following third-party cookies :
- Google Analytics: Stores cookies to be able to compile statistics on traffic and volume of visits to this website. By using this website you are consenting to the processing of information about you by Google. Therefore, the exercise of any right in this sense must do so by communicating directly with Google.
What happens if I disable cookies?
So that you understand the scope that can have to deactivate the cookies we show you some examples:
- You can not share content from that website on Facebook, Twitter or any other social network.
- The website will not be able to adapt the contents to their personal preferences, as often happens in online stores.
- You will not be able to access the personal area of that website, such as My account , or My profile or My orders .
- Online stores: It will be impossible to make purchases online, they must be by phone or visiting the physical store if you have it.
- It will not be possible to customize your geographical preferences as time zone, currency or language.
- The website will not be able to perform web analytics on visitors and traffic on the web, which will make it difficult for the website to be competitive.
- You can not write on the blog, you can not upload photos, post comments, rate or rate content. The website can not know if you are a human or an automated application that publishes spam .
- It will not be possible to show sectoral advertising, which will reduce advertising revenue on the website.
Can cookies be deleted?
Yes. Not only delete, also block, in a general or particular way for a specific domain.
To remove the cookies from a website you must go to the configuration of your browser and there you can search the associated to the domain in question and proceed to its removal.
Cookies settings for the most popular browsers
Here’s how to access a cookie determined browser Chrome . Note: these steps may vary depending on the browser version:
- Go to Settings or Preferences through the File menu or by clicking the personalization icon that appears on the top right.
- You will see different sections, click the option Show advanced options .
- Go to Privacy , Content Settings .
- Select All cookies and site data em>.
- A list of all cookies sorted by domain will appear. To make it easier for you to find the cookies of a specific domain, enter the address partially or totally in the Search for cookies field.
- After completing this filter, one or more lines with the cookies of the requested web appear on the screen. Now you just have to select it and press X to proceed with its removal.
To access the configuration of cookies of the browser Internet Explorer follow these steps (may vary depending on the version of the browser):
- Go to Tools , Internet Options
- Click on Privacy .
- Move the slider to adjust the level of privacy you want.
To access the configuration of cookies of the browser Firefox follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Go to Options or Preferences according to your operating system.
- Click on Privacy .
- In History choose Use custom settings for the history .
- Now you will see the option Accept cookies , you can activate or deactivate it according to your preferences.
To access the configuration of cookies of the browser Safari for OSX follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Go to Preferences , then Privacy .
- In this place you will see the option Block cookies to adjust the type of block you want to make.
To access the configuration of cookies browser Safari for iOS follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Go to Settings , then Safari .
- Go to Privacy and Security , you will see the option Block cookies to adjust the type of blocking you want to perform.
To access the configuration of cookies of the browser for Android devices, follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Run the browser and press the Menu key, then Settings .
- Go to Security and Privacy , you will see the option Accept cookies to activate or deactivate the box.
To access the cookies browser settings for Windows Phone devices follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Open Internet Explorer , then More , then Settings
- Now you can enable or disable the Allow cookies checkbox.